Android 10 has been officially released by Google. Here are all the new features and all the smartphones that will receive the update
The big day is here: Google has started to officially release Android 10. After no less than 5 beta versions and many small improvements made, the new mobile operating system update can be installed on Google Pixel smartphones. In the coming weeks-months Android 10 will also arrive on the smartphones of other companies (the first to receive the update should be OnePlus devices).
Android 10 is a version that goes to improve the general system built in recent years by Google. There are no major changes, but only improvements in the user interface and new features designed specifically to simplify people's lives. There's a night mode that will extend battery life, support for 5G and foldable devices.
All major smartphone manufacturers are already working to adapt their user interface to the new features of Android 10. By the end of the year, Huawei, Samsung, Xiaomi and OnePlus are expected to release the update to the new version of the operating system for their main smartphones.
Why it's called Android 10
With Android 10, the maturity phase for the green robot operating system begins. Google has decided to make a small change to the name of the OS: no "sweet" name will be added to Android 10. It will simply be called Android 10 and the next version will be Android 11. The choice was necessary to make the Android brand international.
The new features of Android 10
Android 10 will not be a version that will revolutionize the operating system. It fits in the groove traced by Google in recent years: there will be improvements in performance and greater fluidity in opening applications.
The Mountain View company has also worked to make the operating system "current": among the new features there is support for foldable screens (the first flexible smartphones should be launched by the end of autumn 2019) and the night mode. The latter is one of the most anticipated features: it will be possible to activate the dark mode by default on all applications, even on those that do not support it for the moment.
Also present are new iOS-style gestures that allow you to open and close applications with a single tap on the screen. With sharing shortcuts you can share documents and files with your friends in a matter of seconds. In the Digital Well-being section, on the other hand, the Focus Mode feature has been added that allows you to block receiving any notifications and focus on the task at hand.
On the security front, more freedom has been given to users to set their own privacy level. You can block apps that are always active in the background and those that require too many permissions to run.
Which smartphones will update to Android 10
As previously reported, the first devices to update to Android 10 will be Google's Pixels. The mobile OS update will arrive on all models, from the first version up to the Pixel 3A. Even the Pixel 4 in arrives between October and November will have Android 10.
As for the other companies, the update to Android 10 will arrive in the coming weeks or months. Google ha cercato di velocizzare il processo di aggiornamento del sistema operativo sui dispositivi realizzati da aziende terze (Samsung, Huawei, OnePlus, solo per fare un esempio) lanciando Project Treble, ma siamo ancora nelle prime fasi. Ecco una lista non esaustiva di tutti gli smartphone che dovrebbero ricever Android 10.
- Huawei: Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei P30, Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, PORSCHE DESIGN Huawei Mate 20 RS, Huawei P30 lite, Huawei P smart 2019, Huawei P smart+ 2019, Huawei P smart Z, Huawei Mate 20 X, Huawei Mate 20 X (5G), Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei Mate X, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, PORSCHE DESIGN Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- Honor: Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite, Honor View 20, Honor 10, Honor 10 Lite, Honor 8X.
- OnePlus: OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 5.
- Samsung: Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10e, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy A80, Samsung Galaxy A70, Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi 9, Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, Xiaomi Mi MIX 3, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2s, Xiaomi Mi 8, Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, Xiaomi Mi A3, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7.
- Sony: Sony Xperia 1, Sony Xperia 10 Plus, Sony Xperia XZ3, Sony Xperia XZ2, Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium.
- Nokia: Nokia 7.1 (Autunno 2019), Nokia 8.1 (Autunno 2019), Nokia 9 PureView (Autunno 2019), Nokia 6.1 (Gennaio 2020), Nokia 6.1 Plus (Gennaio 2020), Nokia 7 Plus (Gennaio 2020), Nokia 2.2 (Gennaio – Febbraio 2020), Nokia 3.1 Plus (Gennaio – Febbraio 2020), Nokia 3.2 (Gennaio – Febbraio 2020), Nokia 4.2 (Gennaio – Febbraio 2020), Nokia 1 Plus (Febbraio – Marzo 2020), Nokia 5.1 Plus (Febbraio – Marzo 2020), Nokia 8 Sirocco (Febbraio – Marzo 2020), Nokia 2.1 (Primavera 2020), Nokia 3.1 (Primavera 2020), Nokia 5.1 (Primavera 2020), Nokia 1 (Primavera 2020).
- Motorola: Motorola One, Motorola One Vision, Motorola One Action, Motorola Moto G7, Motorola Moto G7 Plus, Motorola Moto Z3.
- Google Pixel: Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL, Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL