Google has started the distribution of Android 12 beta 2.1: no functional news, many bug fixes and imperfections of various kinds
Google has already started to warm up the engines for the debut of Android 12, the next release of the green robot of which the first beta version was released a few weeks ago. The approach to the stable version - the one for everyone, to be clear - will take place in the same way as always.
The first real stage of the path that will make Android 12 for everyone is the beta, preliminary version of any new operating system that is entrusted mainly to developers, who can thus familiarize themselves with the environment and adapt their applications to the new structure. Users can also install beta releases, but it's not ideal for those who don't just want to experiment but use the phone on a daily basis: beta versions, especially the first ones, are often unstable and riddled with bugs. From beta to beta, the most obvious problems are removed and gradually functional innovations arrive at the same pace, until the stable version that, for Android 12, is not expected before September.
Android 12 beta 2.1 in distribution
The work of cleaning from bugs and imperfections of various kinds has already started, although Android 12 beta is a recent reality. The latest step happened in the past few hours, when Google released a small "beta 2.1" update that improves system stability and puts a patch on some bugs in Android 12 beta 2.
Android 12 beta 2.1 è in corso di distribuzione sugli smartphone che supportano queste prime versioni beta della prossima generazione del robottino verde, ossia i Google Pixel: Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G) e Pixel 5.
Novità e changelog di Android 12 beta 2.1
L’aggiornamento non porta con sé particolari novità funzionali, mira solamente a risolvere i bug più importanti notati da utenti e sviluppatori su Android 12 beta 2. Alcune persone, ad esempio, avevano notato dei problemi legati all’interazione con le notifiche nella schermata di blocco, tanto che non era possibile “rimuoverle" e in alcuni casi nemmeno sbloccare lo smartphone.
Sono stati poi risolti dei bug alle informazioni di meteo e calendario all’interno dell’apposito widget, nonché ulteriori problemi legati a gesture, indicatori sull’uso di microfono e fotocamera e altro. Di seguito il changelog completo allegato da Google ad Android 12 beta 2.1.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone.
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear until the phone was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard.