Cortana can't connect: Causes
Cortana is a useful assistant that makes your web browsing experience pleasant. However, Cortana may have trouble connecting to the Internet. In this case, you can often fix the cause in a few minutes and then use Cortana as usual.
This may be the reason why Cortana fails to connectThe most common cause of such an error is a corrupted proxy, which you need to disable.
- To do so, open the System Preferences and click on the "Networks and Internet" option. Another menu will now appear where you select the Proxy option.
- Check that the slider at the "Use proxy server" item is set to "Off". Only then no proxy server is used.
- If this does not help, you should check your antivirus program. This can also block Cortana, so that no connection to the Internet can be established.
- Turn off the antivirus program briefly to check whether Cortana can not connect because of it.
- If Cortana can now dial in, you should ensure that Cortana is allowed in both your firewall and your antivirus program.
- To Cortana can also include the results of the Internet, you must set these rights in the settings of the program. This missing setting can also be the reason for your problem.