What is HTC Vive? What you should know about it
If you're interested in virtual or augmented reality, then you won't be able to avoid the term "HTC Vive". That's because it refers to HTC's virtual reality headset, which was created in cooperation with Valve and was presented for the first time at Gamescom 2015.
The HTC Vive - a glimpse into the futureWith the HTC Vive, the first virtual reality headset was introduced, which ensured that video games could be experienced in a new dimension.
- The HTC Vive works with a position detection range of 4.5 x 4.5 meters and uses two base stations. This allows for more precise detection of the person as well as movements.
- The resolution is 1,080 x 1,200 pixels on each eye, with the refresh rate set at 90 Hz.
- The resolution and multiple sensors allow for a 360-degree experience, making the HTC Vive optimal for many video games and simulations.
- It comes with a gyron sensor, accelerometer, and two laser position sensors that need to be properly positioned.
- The special game controllers enable interaction with virtual objects and the sensors detect movement in space.
- As connection options, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, a headphone jack and an HDMI port are enabled.