Android: Enable and use Multi Window - how to do it
Even faster on the go on your smartphone: With Multi Window you can significantly speed up access to Android's menus and apps. Our guide shows you how to activate and use the feature.Multi Window on Android is a function that allows you to see and also use two apps at the same time. This makes navigation much more convenient.
Android: Enable Multi Window in a few stepsTo enable Multi Window, proceed as follows. Our instructions refer to Samsung devices with Android 9 and newer. The prerequisite is that the respective apps support Multi Window.
- First, open both apps that you want to use with Multi Window.
- Now tap on the bottom left button with 3 vertical lines to display all currently open apps.
- Above the app, tap the gear icon and then tap "Open in split screen view". The app will be pinned at the top first.
- Now select a second app by swiping left or right.
- On top of this app, tap the gear icon as well and then tap "Open in Split Screen View."
- This app will now be at the bottom of the screen and you can use both apps.