Resetting the Samsung Galaxy A80 - how to proceed
If you have problems with your Samsung Galaxy A80, a simple restart of the smartphone can help. However, if the problems occur more frequently, it makes sense to reset the device. A factory reset is not only useful in case of errors, but also if you want to resell the Galaxy A80.
Reset to factory settings - this is how it worksKeep in mind that resetting to factory settings deletes all data stored on your Samsung Galaxy A80. If you want to keep them you should create a backup before.
- Swipe your finger from the top edge of the display downwards.
- Tap on the gear icon in the overview to call up the settings of the smartphone.
- Navigate to the category "Backup and reset" in the settings.
- Select the function "Reset to factory settings" there.
- Tap on "Reset device" and on "Erase everything" afterwards. Before the process begins you may need to enter your PIN for confirmation.
No access to the Galaxy A80 - reset with recovery methodAbout the recovery mode, you can reset the A80 even if you no longer have normal access to the device.
- Turn off the Galaxy.
- Hold down the power button and the volume down button until the Samsung logo appears.
- Then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously until the recovery mode starts.
- Navigate to the "wipe data/factory reset" item with the volume buttons and confirm via the power button.
- After the wipe process, select "reboot system now" to reboot the A80.