What is ZigBee Bridge? What it offers
If you take a closer look at smart home devices and their compatibility, you will automatically encounter the term "ZigBee". This is a communication protocol. In addition, there is a bridge that supports the protocol, with which you connect multiple devices.
What is a ZigBee BridgeWhen using smart home devices, special protocols are used to ensure energy-efficient exchange of data. In doing so, these are primarily designed for a small amount of data. ZigBee also belongs to these protocols and is thus a radio protocol that is used in home automation systems, sensor networks or other applications.
- In addition to the supported smart home devices, there is also a bridge. With this it is possible to create a network of ZigBee products.
- With a bridge you can add and control devices. You can also set routines, timers and scenarios only if the devices are connected via a bridge.
- A ZigBee bridge is a bridge that supports the ZigBee communication protocol and can be connected to ZigBee devices.
- The ZigBee standard is used by various smart home devices, such as the Hue lighting system from Philips. Here, too, there is a ZigBee Bridge, which acts as a control center for all LED lights of the brand.
- IKEA's Trådfri range also supports the protocol.