USB stick is not recognized - how to proceed
There are various reasons why your USB stick is suddenly not recognized. Especially when the problem occurs suddenly, there is a high success rate to quickly locate and fix the error. Often the causes are trivial and are fixed in a few minutes.
USB stick is not recognized - check everything carefullyBefore really the stick can be classified as a source of error, you need to test a few things. It is not uncommon that the problem actually lies with the computer.
- First change the USB port to which the USB stick is connected.
- Due to faulty drivers, it can happen that the port suddenly no longer works, but the stick is recognized one slot further.
- Test at the alleged port also other USB devices for their functionality.
- Connect the stick to another computer or laptop and test whether this can be recognized and used there.
- In addition, check whether dirt has settled in the port of the stick, so that the stick can not get a proper contact at the computer.
USB stick is not recognized - possibly a defect?
- Of course, there may really be a fault with the stick. Um das herauszufinden, müssen Sie das Laufwerk überprüfen lassen.
- Schließen Sie dazu den Stick am Computer an und drücken Sie die Tastenkombination [Win] + [R]. Geben Sie nun [diskmgmt.msc] ein und bestätigen Sie.
- Ändern Sie den Laufwerkbuchstaben des Sticks und testen Sie ihn erneut.