Task Host Window at shutdown - what is it?
If you see that the Task Host Window has not yet finished when you shut down your PC, it is because a defragmentation, virus scan or maintenance task is still running. The process is called taskhost.exe, for this reason the Task Host Window error is displayed.
How to remove Task Host WindowYou can remove the display that keeps popping up at shutdown in a few steps.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key + R key combination.
- Now fill the Run line with "taskschd.msc" and press Enter.
- Now go on to the "Task Scheduling Library" > "Microsoft" > "Windows" > "TextServiceFramework" folder.
- Go further by double-clicking on "MSCtfMonitor" and then click on "Edit" at "Trigger".
- Now you just have to uncheck "Activation" and go to "Ok" in the following. After that, right-click on the "MsCfMonitor" and select "Disable".
- Finally, close the task scheduler again.
- If the window still appears, try to unplug individual hardware and then shut down the PC.
- If this now works without problems, you know that the error lies with the hardware. Versuchen Sie den Treiber des Geräts zu aktualisieren.