Charging an electric car - these are the steps you should follow
Electric cars are considered the future of the automotive industry and are an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional combustion engines. However, e-cars also require an energy source to move: electricity. Here's how to find out the steps to charge your electric car quickly and safely.
Procedures for charging an electric carDespite different energy sources, charging an e-car works similarly to refueling a combustion engine.
- Park your electric car within range of a power outlet or charging station and make sure the engine is turned off.
- Open the charging cover and connect your vehicle and a charging station with a designated charging cable. Important: If you have your own cable, you should first connect it to the charging station.
- Depending on the model, the charging process now starts automatically or by an execution command, for example, via your smartphone.
- Once the charge level has reached the desired value, stop charging. When fully charged, your electric car stops the process automatically.
- Now disconnect the connection between charging station and vehicle by pulling the plug from the e-car first.