Windows 10: Save lock screen images
Windows 10 introduced the automatic lock screen images. However, you can also save them for your personal use, for example, to use them as a screensaver or wallpaper. The images are already on your PC and just need to be copied out of the correct folder.
Where are the lock screen images located in Windows 10?Copying the lock screen images can be done in a few steps.
- Open the Run window by typing "Run" in the bottom left search bar or pressing the Windows key + R key combination.
- Now run the command "%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets".
- Now you can see the folder with the images. Copy all the images from the folder to another folder of your choice.
- Now you just need to add the .jpg extension to the images.
- To do this, open the command prompt in the folder with the copied images by performing a Shift + right-click on a white space in the folder and then click "Open Command Prompt Here".
- Now simply enter the command "Ren *.** *.jpg" and all files are assigned the extension .jpg.
- All other files you can now delete. Dabei handelt es sich lediglich um Systemdateien, die nicht in Bilder umgewandelt werden konnten.