Convert CR2 to JPG - how to convert the file format
The CR2 file format is the in-house RAW format of Canon cameras. The special image format contains the raw data of the images. Many programs have problems opening or processing such special formats. Learn here what options you have to convert CR2 files to the more common JPG format.
Convert CR2 format to other image formatsIf you want to convert CR2 files to JPG format, it works with the help of free image editing software Picasa.
- Start Picasa and open the image you want to convert to JPG format.
- Click "File" and then "Export image(s) to folder...".
- Determine the directory where you want to save the image.
- Then specify the image size and select the file format JPG.
- Finally click "Export".
Convert CR2 files with Google PhotosIn addition to Picasa or other image editing programs such as Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop, you can also convert CR2 files via the browser. Google offers Google Photos, a free alternative to desktop applications.
- Go to the URL "photos.google.com" in your browser and log in with your Google account.
- Go to the settings and enable the "High Quality" option. Images you upload will then be automatically converted to JPG format.
- Click "Upload" and select "Computer".
- Navigate to the location, select the CR2 file, and click "Open" to upload.
- Select the image in the gallery.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner and select "Download from" to download the image as JPG.