MacOS: Shrink PDF - how to compress your files
PDF files are a great way to send written documents and give the recipient a pleasant reading perspective. However, if you work with a traditional email provider, the possibility for attachments may be limited to a certain volume of data. Then it is useful to shrink the PDF files.
This is how you can easily compress your filesTo reduce the size of a PDF file, it is not necessary that you install an additional program. You can simply work with the existing tools.
- Start your PC and open the "Preview" tool on your PC.
- Select the PDF file you want to compress and open it in the app.
- Now click the "File" option in the top taskbar and use double-click to launch "Export".
- You will now see a pop-up menu, from which you select the variant "Quartz Filter".
- You will now be shown different options, from which you select "Reduce file size".
- The tool now automatically takes the compression of the file. So that you get the file in this format, you must now save the reduced PDF file again.