E-Scooter - from when are you allowed to drive with the vehicle?
The regulation for small electric vehicles specifies under which conditions you are allowed to participate in road traffic with your e-scooter. In addition to a speed limit, there is also a minimum age that you must have.
From when is it allowed to drive an e-scooter?E-scooters came late to Germany. But before you are allowed to participate in road traffic with it, it is necessary that an ordinance is adopted that regulates this ride.
- The Elektrokleinstfahrzeuge-Verordnung (eKFV) came into force on 15.06.2019.
- The ordinance applies to all vehicles that have an electric drive motor according to §1 paragraph 2 StVG.
- In the case of an e-scooter, it is only electric pedal scooters, but not an electric motor scooter. Since the latter is far more powerful and other provisions apply to this, they must not be confused.
- E-scooters must have a general operating permit. Pay attention to this already when buying the vehicle. Alternatively, you must apply for an individual operating permit.
- Furthermore, you may lead an e-scooter only from an age of 14 years. Da der Scooter nur maximal 20 km/h fahren darf, herrscht keine Helmpflicht, auch eine Fahrerlaubnis ist nicht nötig.
- Mittlerweile sind auch Verleih-Anbieter weit verbreitet, bei denen Sie einen E-Scooter anmieten können.
- Where are e-scooters allowed to drive? What you need to consider
- Book-n-drive: Are novice drivers allowed? We have the answer
- Borderlands 3: All vehicle parts - how to succeed in the mission
- Which e-scooters are allowed? You must pay attention to this
- Drones: Flight zones - here you are allowed to fly