Reduce GIF - how to turn it on the web
The GIF format can be minimized quite easily if you need a smaller format. This mainly involves giving the GIF a smaller color palette and downgrading the overall quality. Depending on how high the initial quality of the file is, the extent of the possible downsizing differs.
Reduce GIF: How to do it onlineThe easiest way is to reduce the GIF directly online. Thus, you do not have to download special software and can download the edited GIF again.
- Open your browser and switch to the website Online-Converter.com.
- There you click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the location of the GIF on your computer.
- Under the "Optional Settings" you now have multiple setting options. The most relevant is the size of the file, which mainly contributes to the required memory.
- Reducing the included colors is also a crucial point to lower the size of the file. If in doubt, use a grayscale image to reduce the memory significantly.
- Clicking on "Convert File" will process the file and after a few seconds it will be output as a compressed format.
- After the process, a new window will open where you can select the "Save File" option.
- Geben Sie nun einen geeigneten Speicherort an und bestätigen Sie.
- Nach dem Download ist die komprimierte Datei auf Ihrem Computer verfügbar und kann wieder benutzt werden.