44: To which country does this area code belong?
Each country has its own area code, with which you can recognize it directly from the phone number. The area codes of the country numbers are divided into zones. Zones 3 and 4 describe the countries in and around Europe. The first number describes the zone, while the second describes the respective country.
How to find out which country is behind the area code "+44"If you want to make a phone call from one country to another, you need the respective country code. These countries are divided into different zones. The first number, which is not a zero, describes the respective zone in which the country is located. The second number then indicates which country it is within this zone.
- Zones 3 and 4 describe all countries in and around Europe, where zone 4 includes Romania, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lichtenstein, Austria, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland and Germany.
- Zone 0 is not occupied, zone 1 belongs to North America. Zone 2 includes all countries in Africa, the Atlantic islands and the Indian Ocean islands. Within Zone 5 are the countries of Mexico, Central America and South America.
- South Pacific and Oceania are grouped in Zone 6, while Kazakhstan and Russia are Zone 7. East Asia is in zone 8. The rest of Asia and the Middle East have zone 9.
- The second number describes the country. The 4 belongs to the United Kingdom. Jedes Land innerhalb Großbritanniens besitzt die Vorwahl „+44“ beziehungsweise „0044“.
- Deutschland hat beispielsweise die Vorwahl „+49“, da es in der Zone 4 liegt und die Kennzahl 9 besitzt.