Google Maps: Measure area - these options are available
Google Maps gives you the option to plan routes by car, bike or foot. You can also use the Google Maps app as a navigation aid. For example, if you want to measure the size of an area in square kilometers, Maps also offers you the appropriate function for this.
How to measure an area in Google MapsIn Google Maps you can view the Earth in different perspectives. Using the Satellite View, you also have the option to view a snapshot of various places on Earth. With the Street View view, you can even inspect certain streets up close. Google Maps also offers you functions that let you plan your routes without any problems. It doesn't make a difference whether you are traveling on foot, by train, by bike or by car. Would you like to know the size of a certain area on earth, then you can measure it with Google Maps.
- Go to Google Maps via your browser.
- Then click on the menu icon at the top left, which consists of three horizontal lines.
- Now select "My Places" and then the tab "Maps".
- Further down is the option "Create Map". Now enter an address and click on the "ruler icon".
- Now draw an area with the left mouse button. Achten Sie dabei darauf, dass Sie Anfangs- und Endpunkt miteinander verbinden.
- Anschließend wird Ihnen die Quadratkilometerzahl in der Mitte der Fläche angezeigt.