MacBook Pro very slow: How to get more performance out of your Mac
Working with a very slow MacBook Pro is hardly fun. Instead of buying a new one, however, there are many free ways you can get more performance with little effort.
MacBook Pro very slow: Check systemIf your MacBook Pro is very slow, you should check and change some typical causes. Follow these steps:
- A common reason for a very slow MacBook Pro is outdated applications. Check the App Store on your Mac to see if there are any new updates, especially for applications.
- Also check if there is a system update.
- If you have the feeling that an application could be faulty, then start the Mac in safe mode. This runs an automatic repair program through.
- Shut down the MacBook regularly. Unlike Windows computers, Apple's operating system performs a kind of defragmentation of the hard drive during a restart, freeing up disk space.
- Do you have apps installed that require a lot of memory? Make sure that not all memory is used, but always leave a few GB free. Remove unnecessary apps or files and also empty the recycle bin.
- Have you stored many apps on the desktop, they must always be loaded at system startup. This can delay the boot.