Restore Recycle Bin icon in Windows
With the Recycle Bin in Windows, you can easily delete your documents by dragging them to the corresponding icon. If you have deleted a file by mistake, restoring it will also succeed without any problems. But what to do if the Recycle Bin is no longer displayed on the desktop?
How to restore the Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10You can already find the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop when you install Windows. Documents and files that you want to delete, you just have to drag and drop on the icon. Nevertheless, it can happen that the icon has suddenly disappeared. If this is also the case with you, you can restore your recycle bin in a few steps.
- Press the key combination Windows key + Q or use the magnifying glass icon on the taskbar to open the search window of Windows.
- Then enter "designs" in the text field and confirm with the Enter key.
- In the list of results, click on "Designs and related settings".
- After that, a window opens where you click on "Desktop icon settings" to open the desktop settings.
- Here you can check the box next to Recycle bin under Desktop icons.
- Finally click on "Ok". Das Symbol ist jetzt wieder auf Ihrem Desktop.