HOME > Communication > What Is Spear-Phishing? Protect Yourself From Attacks
What is Spear-Phishing? Protect yourself from attacks
Spear phishing is a new and dangerous scam that criminals use to try to steal important data from companies, individuals and associations. It can also result in malware on your PC, which is why you should protect yourself at all costs.
How does it work?To prevent spear phishing and its consequences, you need to know how the perpetrators operate.
- First, you notice just one email in your inbox that seems to come from a reputable source. Often, these are classic providers, such as Apple.
- In the email, you are told about a content that makes it necessary for you to respond to it. This can be a problem with a user account, the demand regarding an order or a similarly harmless reason.
- You will then find a link in the mail, which is supposed to redirect you directly to the affected website or to the problem.
- Once you click on this link, you will be redirected automatically. However, you do not get to the correct page of the provider, but to the page of the hackers.
- The integrated measures ensure that malware gets onto the laptop or that data and information are stolen.