How to delete junk files? Here's how
Junk files are content that is still on your computer but is no longer needed. Since junk files also take up disk space, it makes sense to delete them regularly. For this purpose, you can use special programs that locate junk files and remove them from the system.
How to delete junk files from your computerIf your computer's memory is full, it may be worth deleting all junk files from the system. These are contents that are no longer needed, but are still on the device With the appropriate software, these junk files can be tracked down and then deleted.
- To locate and delete junk files on the device, for example, the program "CCleaner" is a good choice. But also other free tools such as "CleanUP!" or "HDCleaner" offer themselves in this case.
- Download one of the programs from a website of your choice and follow the instructions to install it on your system.
- Once the installation is complete, start the program.
- Create a backup if necessary. Then left-click on the "Analyze" button.
- After that, you will see a list of all the junk files that the program has found. Now you can check again whether they are unimportant files.
- Confirm this via the button "Start CCleaner".