Excel: Show developer tools - this option is available
Excel offers you many functions that make it easier to create tables and charts. To simplify your work with the program, it is possible to write your own macros or use XML commands. However, for these functions you need the developer tool of the software, which is not displayed by default.
How to show the developer tool in ExcelMacros can be used to automate workflows within the program. If you want to create macros in Excel or use ActiveX controls, you need the Developer Tool. This is not displayed as a tab by default and can therefore only be used in a roundabout way. However, you have the option to display the tool as a new tab.
- Open Excel and go to the "File" tab.
- Then click on the item "Customize ribbon" on the left side.
- A drop-down menu opens. In it, select the "Main Tabs" option.
- Here you will find the "Developer Tools" option. Activate it by clicking on the box next to it. If the item has been activated, a check mark will appear.
- Close the window by clicking the "Ok" button. This will automatically save the changes.
- Now the tab "Developer Tools" appears at the top of the tabs.
- With the developer tool, you can make applications for the various Office programs or use XML commands, in addition to creating macros.