Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: Perform a hard reset
There are countless smartphone models that use the Android operating system. If an error occurs on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or the software hangs, a hard reset may be necessary to get the device working again. Such a reset should only be performed in case of emergency.
How to perform a hard reset on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4If your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 hangs or experiences other problems, performing a hard reset on the device can help. Note that such a reset will completely erase all files on the Android device. If you have created a backup, you can play it on the Xiaomi afterwards.
- To perform the hard reset, first turn off the smartphone. To do this, hold down the power button for several seconds until the screen turns black.
- After that, you need to hold down the power button and the volume up button at the same time. These are both located on the right side of the device.
- Release the buttons as soon as the phone's display lights up and you see the Mi logo.
- Once you are in recovery mode, you can use the Volume Up button to navigate through the menu. Select the item "Wipe Reset" and confirm the selection with the power button.
- Select "Wipe All Data" and confirm again with the corresponding button.
- After that, your smartphone will be reset. Das kann einige Minuten dauern. Danach ist es möglich, ein Backup zu laden.