Google Maps: Draw radius in map - here's how
With Google Maps, you have a wealth of features to help you navigate or find the nearest restaurant. But Google Maps doesn't yet offer a feature that lets you do that within a certain radius. However, you can make do with a third-party program.
Drawing a radius on Google Maps - is it possible?Only an interface is built into Google Maps that allows developers to enter a radius and then display various options for it. So to work with a radius on Google Maps, you need a third-party website.
- Open the Calcmaps website and click on "Radius" at the top of the bar.
- Input an address in the top left corner from where you want to calculate a radius.
- Now click on "Draw a circle". Before you do this, however, you should make sure that the desired area is also visible.
- Click on the center point, drag the mouse outward while holding down the key and release it as soon as the radius is large enough.
- If you want to delete the radius again, this is best done with a right click.
- If you want to change the radius again, click on the button "Edit circle". Now you can move it again or make it smaller.
- With the button in the upper right corner you can switch between the satellite image and the normal map view.