WhatsApp: Minimize data consumption
With the messenger WhatsApp you can write with all your contacts and exchange pictures and videos. Since the data volume on your smartphone is usually limited, it is worth saving it as much as possible. WhatsApp data consumption can also be minimized with a few tricks.
How to reduce WhatsApp data consumptionThe messenger WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps for the smartphone. If you use the app at home with your WLAN, you can send as many pictures and videos as you want to your contacts. However, when using your mobile data, the amount of data consumption of WhatsApp plays a bigger role.
- Check via "Settings" > "Data usage" > "Network usage" how high the data consumption of WhatsApp is. Here it is shown exactly how many bytes were sent and how much received.
- To minimize data consumption, it is important to change the data usage settings.
- Under "Media Auto-Download" disable all option. So you can decide for yourself when the media you get sent on WhatsApp will be downloaded. Set "via WLAN", then the content will only be downloaded when you are connected to your WLAN.
- In addition, you can reduce the sound quality when calling WhatsApp via "Call Settings". Aktivieren Sie hierfür die Option „Reduzierter Datenverbrauch“.
- Achten Sie zudem darauf, dass ein iCloud Backup lediglich über WLAN durchgeführt wird.