Update WhatsApp for Android - here's how
WhatsApp is still one of the most popular instant messaging services. The app is getting more and more features that are provided in the form of updates. If you want the application to work smoothly, it is necessary to update WhatsApp on your Android device regularly. This can be done in just a few steps.
How to update WhatsApp on your Android deviceIn order to use WhatsApp without any problems, it is necessary to keep the app always up to date. Updates are used to remove bugs, add new features, and fix security vulnerabilities. You have the option to let the app update automatically. If this does not work, you can perform the update manually. Before you update WhatsApp, you can first find out the current version of WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
- In the upper right corner, there is an icon with three dots arranged one below the other.
- Select the entry "Settings" in the open drop-down menu.
- In the next view, tap on the option "Help".
- Then switch to "App Info".
- Now you will see a screen with the current WhatsApp version. If there is an older version, an update is necessary.
- To do this, go to the Google Play Store and click on the menu icon on the upper left side.
- Select "My Apps and Games" here.
- Search for "WhatsApp" in the list and tap the "Update" button.