Controlling Android 11 remotely - how to control smart home devices
If you want to control your smart home devices, you can do so conveniently via your smartphone. Android 11 namely offers you the possibility to set up a remote control with the help of the Google Home app.
Android 11: Use smartphone as remote controlWhether smart thermostat, lamps or cameras - with Android 11 you can conveniently control your smart home devices via your smartphone. To use smart home control, you must first connect the devices to your smartphone.
- To do this, call up the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the "Add" option under "Home".
- You now have the option to pair compatible smart home devices with your smartphone using the setup wizard.
- Hold down the power button until the new menu opens.
- Under the "Home" item, the connected smart home devices are displayed as tiles. Using the tiles, you can then, for example, change the temperature on thermostats, dim lamps or turn devices on and off.
How to customize controlsIf you call up the control for the first time, Android automatically adds the connected devices. However, you have the option to specify yourself which smart home devices you want to see in the control.
- Open the new control menu by long-pressing the power button on your smartphone.
- Tap the three dots and choose either the "Add controls" option to add new devices or "Customize controls" to edit the existing tiles.