IMEI Check: How to find out the number of your smartphone
The IMEI Check is a useful tool to find out the identification number of your smartphone. For example, if you need to have your phone blocked after a theft or check service claims, the easiest way to do that is by using the IMEI.
IMEI Check: Samsung devicesTo run the IMEI Check, you first need to find out the IMEI.
- It is present on all Samsung mobile devices with SIM card and is located on the product.
- On a smartphone with a built-in battery, you can usually see the IMEI on the back of the device.
- If the battery is removable, the number is located under the battery.
- The number can also be viewed in the menu via "Settings", "Device Information / Phone Info" and "Status" under "IMEI Information".
- Alternatively, the number can be found on the original packaging.
- If you purchase a used device, ask Samsung support if everything is okay with the device or if it might be locked.