Connecting laptop to TV - it's that easy
For many applications, the screen of your laptop is simply too small. However, the solution to this is not to buy a larger laptop, but simply to transfer the image to your TV. You don't need any expertise to do this, and all you need to do is connect a single cable.
Connect laptop to TV: An HDMI cable is a mustHDMI cables have been standard for a number of years when it comes to transmitting sound and images in the home. To be able to connect your laptop to the TV, you need such a cable.
- Now find the port on your laptop where the HDMI cable can be plugged in.
- The other end you connect to the same port on the TV.
- In some cases, you need a mini HDMI port on one end.
- Once both are connected, turn on the TV and set as a source the HDMI port you are currently using. This is usually done via the "Source" button.
- On the laptop, now switch to your display settings.
- Scroll until you get to a dropdown menu from which you select "Duplicate this display".
- For some use cases, it's also worth using the Display on 2 only settings.
- In this case, the display on your laptop will be terminated and can only be seen on the TV.