Facebook Messenger: Hide online status
With Facebook Messenger you have the possibility to chat with your friends via smartphone. To do this, all you have to do is download the app and sign in with your Facebook account. If you don't want others to know whether you are online, you can hide your status.
How to hide your online status on Facebook MessengerUsing Facebook Messenger on your smartphone, you can chat with your friends at any time. As soon as you are online, your Facebook friends will see that from your status. However, Messenger gives you the option to hide your online status if you want to.
- Open Messenger on your smartphone.
- Then click on your profile picture in the app.
- Here you will see a green circle, to the right of which it says "Activity status".
- Click on this button to enter the settings for the status.
- Here you activate the switch at the option "Show when you are active", so that the circle is on the left side.
- After that, you will see a message. Confirm this by clicking the "Disable" button.
- Now your friends can no longer see when you are online.
- If you would like to disable this on your computer as well, go to Facebook and then Messenger. Then click on the "gear" > "Settings" at the top. Klicken Sie auch hier auf den Button und bestätigen Sie mit „Fertig“.