BIOS update: Simple and effective guide
If you have a new processor or notice small bugs in the software, then a BIOS update can help you. The BIOS is part of every operating system, so it is responsible for ensuring that both the basic functions and startup of your device run smoothly.
How to perform an updateSmall errors can already make you feel bad about working with your device. Therefore, it is important to know how to make a BIOS update at any time.
- First you need your version number from your motherboard. You can find this in the documentation of your device or you can have the number read out with a tool.
- If you do not have the number at hand, you can use programs, such as Speccy, to find out the version number.
- Once you have the number, you need to look for a suitable update on the site of the manufacturer of your motherboard. Make sure that the version number is consistent.
- Now download the two files from the manufacturer's site and put both files in a folder.
- Now first flash your existing BIOS version with the exe file. After you have done that, you need to install the new version of the BIOS with the second file from the folder.