Outlook 2013: Synchronizing IMAP accounts - is it possible?
In Outlook 2013, IMAP accounts can be synchronized quite easily in principle - the same procedure also applies to Outlook 2016. Have your IMAP accounts synchronized automatically and benefit from the time and work savings. With our tips you will find the somewhat hidden feature in Outlook 2013.
How to synchronize your IMAP accounts in Outlook 2013To automatically synchronize your IMAP accounts in Outlook 2013, open Outlook.
- Click the "Send/Receive" tab.
- Here, select the "Send-Receive Groups" option and open the drop-down menu.
- In the lower half of the opened menu, you will see the "Define Send-Receive Groups" option. Click on it and then select the "New" option.
- In the text line, enter your desired name for the group you are about to create and confirm with Ok.
- Thereupon, the "Transmission Settings - Synchronize IMAP" menu will open.
How to proceed
- In the transmission settings, you will see the list of IMAP accounts on the left side. Select the account you want to sync.
- Then, in the right column, check the "Include account in this group" option.
- Also, check "Apply the custom behavior defined below" and, in "Folder options", select all the folders you want to sync. If you have a lot of folders here, right-click on your account to open the context menu. Select "Select all subfolders".
- Click "Ok" to synchronize the IMAP account in Outlook.