Netflix via Wii: Consoles can stream too
To enjoy Netflix on your Wii or Wii U, you need the Netflix app. The app was available on both consoles until 2019. However, Netflix can now only be downloaded and set up on the Wii U.
Netflix on Wii - what you should knowJust like Xbox and PlayStation, Nintendo quickly offered the ability to install apps like Netflix on its own consoles, allowing users to watch movies and series through the console. However, the collaboration between the Wii and Netflix ended in January 2019. This means that you can no longer install Netflix and, consequently, stream it. However, there are still some other options to receive Netflix via TV.
Setting up Netflix on Wii UHowever, you still have the option to install Netflix on the Wii U. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Start your Wii U and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Open the Nintendo eShop
- Tap on the search box and enter "Netflix".
- Lassen Sie die Suche durchlaufen und wählen Sie anschließend die Netflix-App aus.
- Nachdem Sie draufgedrückt haben, startet der Download automatisch.
- Sobald die Installation abgeschlossen wurde, finden Sie die Netflix-App im Hauptmenü Ihrer Wii U.