Android Q: Data consumption - all info
With Android Q you always keep an eye on your data consumption. This is useful if, for example, you have a tariff that has a limited data volume. If you have a mobile flat rate, you do not need to worry about the data volume, because you will never be throttled.
What about data consumption on Android Q?If you want to keep an eye on your data consumption, you can set up an alert that lets you know when you're halfway through, for example.
- To do this, open the Settings app and continue to "Wireless & Networks" > "Data consumption" or to "Connection" > "Data usage".
- Here you can set up a warning or set a limit from which the "Mobile data" should be turned off.
- Setting a limit is useful if you have an expensive data automatic, which would cost you a lot of money after consumption of your booked data volume.
- Be aware that the limit is not quite accurate. So you should set a limit that is slightly below the correct value. This way you ensure that the consumption is really stopped at the right time.
- Android offers widgets that allow you to keep an eye on the data consumption at any time. It is best to download the app "3D Watchdog" from the Google Play Store. With this you can create a widget that always shows you the current state of your data.