Spotify Connect setup - these are the options you have
With the help of Spotify Connect, you can connect your smartphone to other devices via your Wi-Fi network and then play your music. To do this, you will need a smartphone as well as a device on which you want to play the music, such as a speaker or smart TV.
How to set up Spotify ConnectIf you want to use Spotify Connect, you need a constant Internet connection. Both devices must be in the same WLAN network. You also need a device with which you can play the music, this includes WLAN speakers as well as laptops, PCs or smart TVs. A Spotify Premium subscription is also important. Once you meet all the requirements, you can start setting up.
- Download the Spotify app on your smartphone, laptop or tablet and log in with your account.
- Then select a song and play it. At the bottom left you will now see a "speaker icon". Tap it.
- Now you will see all available audio devices that are in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select the appropriate device and tap "Connect to a device". Then the selected song will be played directly.
- If you use the desktop application, the setup is similar. Here you will find the option "Connect to a device" at the bottom right of the speaker icon. If the connection is active, you can see this by a green bar at the bottom of the window.