Pivot table: display rows side by side
When working with a pivot table, the values are classically displayed below each other. Especially if you want to compare values with each other, this is suboptimal. That's why we'll show you how to display the values you want side by side.
Pivot: How to display rows side by sideAs soon as you start working with more than one argument, it makes sense to have the records in your pivot table displayed side by side. You can set this up like this:
- Open the pivot table in which you want to display the records side by side.
- You will now see a field in the pivot table that is highlighted in gray. The field is responsible for the arrangement of the records.
- Use a double-click and drag the data to the right. Make sure that the gray field is really selected.
- Now you will be asked if you want to change the formatting of the pivot table itself. Confirm this operation.
- You will now be shown the two data sets side by side and you can continue working as usual.