Windows 7: Microphone - fix noise
If you plug a microphone into your computer under Windows 7, you may hear an unpleasant noise. However, this problem is not due to the microphone, but to the settings in Windows.
How to reduce the noise from the microphone in Windows 7?If the microphone is noisy after plugging it in in Windows 7, the first thing you should do is check if the problem is not with the cable. So, plug the cable properly into the socket provided for it.Of course, the problem may also be on the software side. You can easily reduce the noise in this case via the recording settings.
- Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom of the taskbar. If this is not displayed to you, you can turn it on via "Enable or Disable Windows Features".
- Now click on "Recording Devices" and further right-click on the corresponding microphone and then click on "Properties".
- Go to the Level menu and lower the slider to 2 dB.
- Lower the microphone gain as well to further reduce the noise.
- If you want to reduce the noise during a recording, you can also do this afterwards with an audio editing program. Nutzen Sie dazu beispielsweise Audacity.