Amazon: Enable two-factor authentication
If you want to further secure the login process for your Amazon account, then it is a good idea to enable two-factor authentication. If you forget your password or it is stolen, you can still log in to your account using two-factor authentication.
How to enable two-factor authentication on AmazonIf you have forgotten your password, you can use two-factor authentication to further secure your Amazon account login. For this you need a phone number through which you authenticate yourself. On the number you will be sent after entering your password an access code, which you in turn must enter during the login process.
- Open the Amazon website with your browser and log in there with your login details.
- Then click on the "Account and lists" button at the top of the menu bar.
- In the next area, select the item "Login and Security".
- You will now be asked for your password again.
- Then scroll down to the "Two-step verification settings" entry and click the "Edit" button to the right of it.
- Here you can see again an overview and an explanation of what two-factor verification is all about.
- Click on the "Get started" button to start the setup. You will then be guided step-by-step through the signup process. Therefore, follow the instructions on the screen.