Deutsche Bahn: Payment methods at a glance
The days when rail tickets were mainly bought at the counter are over. Instead, the booking has also migrated to the Internet at the railroad. Online booking is not only more convenient, but also cheaper, as there is a fee for booking at the counter.
Deutsche Bahn: payment methods are quite diverseGenerally, you can use quite different payment methods when booking online. In detail, however, it depends on whether you book as a guest or with a registered account. Regardless of which payment method you choose, there are various points to consider.
- DB offers you to pay with paydirekt. This is a service that allows you to pay online directly from your checking account. You can choose this method online and in the app.
- With the SEPA direct debit you need a rail account, because you have to activate the method in "My Bahn".
- With the payment with PayPal you only need your PayPal account for the payment.
- The Klarna Sofortüberweisung is also possible without an account. However, you must log in with your online banking information.
- As a guest, you can also pay by credit card. American Express, Diners Club, Mastercard and VISA are accepted.