Virtualbox: Shared folder - how to create it
In Virtualbox, you can conveniently exchange data between your virtual machine and PC with the help of a shared folder. Learn how to proceed to set up such a shared folder for data exchange and what to keep in mind.
How to create a shared folder in VirtualboxTo transfer data between your virtual machine and the host PC, you need to create a shared folder in Virutalbox. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the virtual machine on which you want to create a shared folder and install Virtualbox Guest Additions if it is not already present.
- Then click the Devices item in the menu bar of the virtual machine window and select the Shared Folders... option.
- Click the folder icon with the green plus sign to create a new shared folder.
- Determine the directory and name for the folder. Use the checkboxes to enable the "Mount automatically" and "Create permanently" options.
- Finally, click "Ok" and restart the virtual machine once.