YouTube upload limit - how to change the limit
You can normally upload videos with a duration of 15 minutes to YouTube. To extend the upload duration of your videos, you need to have a confirmed account. Then you need to make some simple settings and you can upload larger videos.
Increase YouTube upload limitThe normal upload duration for videos you can upload to YouTube is 15 minutes. If you want to post videos that are longer than 15 minutes, you need to verify your account. Then you will have 128 gigabytes or a length of 12 hours at your disposal. If your videos are larger than 128 gigabytes, you can compress the file size of these videos with a video editing program before uploading them. This will not reduce the quality of your videos.
- Open the "Video Manager".
- Then click on "Channel Settings" and then on "Features".
- Activate the option "Longer Videos".
- Go to your "Upload Page" and go to "Help and Suggestions".
- Then select "Increase Your Limit".
- Decide whether you want to verify your account with a confirmation code via SMS or a voice message.
- You will receive a six-digit code that you have to type into the text field.
- Under the channel settings, the video upload feature is unlocked for longer videos.