Connecting Osram Lightify with Philips Hue: How to connect the systems
The Osram Lightify lamps and smart plug can be connected with Philips Hue. Technically, the pairing is not a problem, as both manufacturers use the same transmission path. However, possible updates could limit compatibility in the future.
How to pair Osram Lightify with Philips HueIn order to integrate Osram Lightify lamps into the Philips Hue lighting system, you can use both an Osram Lightify plug or Osram lamps for this purpose. If the Osram devices are connected to the Hue Bridge, they can be controlled via the Hue app.
- Turn on the Osram lamp to be linked and start the Hue app.
- Tap the plus icon in the app.
- Add a lamp and tap "Search"-
- If the info icon appears next to the found Osram lamp, it can be managed like a Hue lamp. The device will probably be displayed as "On/Off plug-in unit 1".
- For example, change the name or add the Osram lamp to a room.